The following new bills have been introduced in the House and Senate, in addition to those introduced last week:
- HR 449: To provide an amnesty period during which veterans and their family members can register certain firearms in the National Firearms Registration and Transfer Record.
- S 179: The Gun Trafficking Prevention Act: A bill to prevent gun trafficking.
- S 174: The Ammunition Background Check Act: A bill to appropriately restrict sales of ammunition.
- HR 431: To restore certain authorities of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives to administer the firearms laws.
- HR 427: The Trafficking Reduction and Criminal Enforcement (TRACE) Act: To prevent the illegal sale of firearms.
We can expect debate in Congress on what, if any, legislative action is appropriate in response to the Newtown, CT, shooting - and Congress needs to hear from their constituents on this issue at this critical time. (POPVOX will deliver your letters to your Members of Congress -- guaranteed.)