Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
Attorney General Bob Ferguson has sued a small business owner who declined to provide flowers for a same-sex wedding ceremony. Background information may be found at these links:
- Arlene's Flowers in Richland sued by gay couple
- Arlene's Flower Shop Florist, Refuses Washington Gay Wedding Job Because Of Religion
- WA Florist Sued for Beliefs About Marriage
- Ask Mr. Ferguson to respect religious freedom and conscience rights and drop his lawsuit against Arlene's Flowers. Call Attorney General Ferguson at 360-753-6200, then tell a friend and ask them to do the same.
- Make a donation to Arlene's Flowers Legal Defense Fund. Contributions are not tax deductible.
- Buy flowers from Arlene's, at 1177 Lee Blvd, Richland, WA 99352, phone (800) 692-0706