“The power under the constitution will always be in the people. It is entrusted for certain defined purposes, and for a certain limited period, to representatives of their own choosing; and whenever it is executed contrary to their interest, or not agreeable to their wishes, their servants can and undoubtedly will, be recalled.”

~ George Washington (1787)

Friday, March 1, 2013

Relayed from Twitter Space..... (UPDATED)

....here are some real time reports on the impact of the sequestration, shortly after midnight, March 1st, 2013 (courtesy Castle Argghhh!):
Stephen Gutowski: "Just tried driving but since sequestration went into effect the roads have all crumbled into dust."

Brendan Loy: "OH MY GOD THERE ARE GOVERNMENT WORKERS SPONTANEOUSLY COMBUSTING ALL OVER THE PLACE, THIS IS HORRIBLE, PLEASE MAKE IT STOP" He added, "BREAKING: CALIFORNIA DECLARES WAR ON OREGON; KENTUCKY LAUNCHES SNEAK ATTACK ON TENNESSEE. MASS CHAOS."

Jonah: "It wasn't until I ate my neighbor's pancreas that I realized president Obama was right about the sequester."

Iowahawk: "The corpses are piling up outside my window like cordwood, oh my God the humanity."

Sebastian: "Nothing to worry about! I grabbed my double barrel shotgun & blasted #sequester through the door, just like the VP said."

Ari Fleischer: "President Obama is right. Undo the sequester! I can't stand it already."

Becket Adams: "I don't think my neighbors are taking sequestration seriously. They're giving me weird looks and making fun of my war paint and loincloth."

Exurban Jon: "So this is what anarchy feels like . . . From now on, I shall be known as ;ExJon, Warlord of the Western Deserts.'"

Buck Sexton: "Did America lose 170,000,000 jobs in the last 10 minutes? Keep me informed, everyone."

Brandon Morse: "The #sequester may now join the Mayan Calendar and the Y2K bug in the "[Stuff] Everyone Survived" Hall of Fame."

By morning, it was even worse:

Rick Wilson: "A few hours of fitful sleep, the sound of sirens and screams of the victims of the Barackolypse rending the night air . . . I saw their fires in the dark, savagery swiftly tearing away the thin veneer of civilization only government diversity programs provided."

John Podhoretz: "Just looked out the window. Five hedge fund guys fighting over a piece of raw meat."

UPDATE:   “Why Doesn’t the Public TRUST US?”