The links below are not a time line of the tragedy, nor is this an attempt to analyze the response by any one government. I know for a fact that there are many agencies and fine people doing their best to help the victims of Hurricane SANDY.
Rather, these are examples of what happens when a government, or the chief executive of a government, loses sight of that big picture, sets their priorities in an questionable manner, and actually adds to the problems, rather than solving any.
And what happens when people start helping each other, and themselves, rather than expecting The Government to step in.
- This is no way to get us up & running
- Staten Island pleads for help: “We are going to die!”
- Bloomberg Diverts Food, Generators from Devastated Staten Island to NYC Marathon
- Marathon Runners Form Protest Group To Spurn Starting Line And Volunteer On Staten Island Instead
- Michael Bloomberg Wants People To Run Over The Dead Bodies Of Sandy's Victims
- Nonunion Ala. crews turned away from Sandy recovery
- President Photo-Op Goes AWOL as Lower Manhattan and Staten Island Descend Into Chaos
- After Taking a Victory Lap Photo Op, Obama Leaves an Apocalpyse-Struck New York and New Jersey To Fend For Themselves
And at last: